Monday, April 11, 2016

The Silver Shadow - Polygon Zenith FX

The Life Cycle of my 'Cycle'. 
It has been a little over two years since the time I started commuting. The initial thoughts were a barrage of 'what if's' just like any curious startup commuter :). The evolution to a day or night / rain or shine attitude took a lot of trial runs but  now there are no more doubts but just a lovely commute every single time. Even the non-commute rides are enjoyable. Don't believe me .. try riding on open roads at noon and then stop for a tender coconut/ice cream/butter milk. An eternal bliss descends. Perception matters so you think its tough its going to be tough. There are lot of welcome distractions. I've had so many motorbikers cheer me when I overtake them and many autos giving a smile. Lately, even the Volvo buses seem to be either bike friendly or I've been in a terribly good stroke of luck to meet some of the most friendly ones who don't overtake you and pull up right after, when there's a bus stop ahead. So the motto goes, live and let live :). Inner Peace !! 

A trip to Singapore from office for a training back in 2014 and a casual stroll back to hotel and my eyes drift to a bike shop and lo behold, Colorful fixies/single speed bicycles on display. The only thing that caught my eyes are the deep section wheels and I have been a sucker for owning a wheelset with deep section rims. They truly add that finesse to the already kitted rider. Having two bikes in the stable already the third was an unwelcome guest. Yet I purchased it for some casual city rides and never thought I'd end up using it as a serious commuter. close to 2 years and some 16000 commute kms, two set of tyres, many tubes, and multiple iterations with quality component updates to the bike it has finally come to a point to switch to a better and a lighter commuter. On a casual visit to WheelSports Experience Center Marathahalli, I ended up test riding the Polygon Zenith FX. (https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10153408927897407.1073741836.604267406&type=1&l=ae80a9db13). Mind at unrest with juggling about the options available, quickly made a deal. with Tusker (Kiran from WheelSports). With a Scolarian wheelset around, this seemed to be the perfect time to update to one bike for an all weather commute. Many thanks to Venky sir and Kiran in helping me with my journey through the bikes :). 

The several Avatars of my commuter:














My new Steed for my future commutes. 









1 comment:

  1. can u tell me what upgrades that u have on your zenith fx?its look sleek though...

    ReplyDelete